Thursday, May 21, 2009

Fancying felt

I've never really thought about it before, but I always seem to be drawn to all things felt! I love scouring op shops and found the fabulous grey felt bag below last week. When I bought it I had so many ideas of ways in which I could jazz it up (I was thinking of sewing some japanese fabric onto it), but when I got it home one of my silver cranes flew over and settled on it. I attached the crane with some cord to the side and now it comes everywhere with me. The crane is absolutely massive - it was the first one that I made in silver - with a wing span of 8cm (what was I thinking!).



Since buying my bag, I have been on the look out for other felt items. I adore Shagpile's felt finches on Etsy - in fact, I met the Shagpile maker, Andria, at the Finders Keepers markets on the weekend! Her work is fantastic (am also in love with her neckwarmers). Check out her store here!


Felt finch by Shagpile

2 comments:

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Gorgeous! The silver crane goes so well on that charcoal background.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning my work. It was lovely to meet you and the silver crane did look great on that bag! :)