Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The devotion is deep



I grew up in Brisbane and, although probably not recognised as much as it should, Brisbane has a really great art and fashion scene. Three of my all time favourite stores in Brisbane are: Dogstar, Maiocchi, and (m)art at Artisan. I think my love of anything Japanese started the first time I bought a pair of trousers from Dogstar in 2000. Dogstar is a Brisbane label, designed by Masayo Yasuki. The clothes are edgy, deconstructed, asymmetrical works of art. I can still remember my first purchase - it was almost life changing (well definitely wardrobe changing), as from that moment on I have always worn Dogstar. I even had my wedding dress designed and made by Dogstar (the devotion is deep). Brisbane also has Maiocchi, which is another gorgeous store full of the most beautiful dresses and skirts with Japanese prints that are to die for! There's also Artisan - a gallery space and art, craft and design shop, which has the most unique jewellery, bags and everything arty from designers all over Australia. Oh why did I leave Brisbane??

No comments: